Do you have what it takes to be an On-Call Firefighter?
The Hartland Deerfield Fire Authority is looking for men and women from all different backgrounds that are fit, healthy, up for a challenge and prepared to commit to serving their community!
Open House days are being held at the stations so people interested in becoming On-Call Firefighters can visit their local station to talk to the crews, check out the trucks, and find out more about what this lifesaving role entails.
All Stations: June 23rd and 30th, from 7pm to 9pm
- 3205 Hartland Rd., Hartland Township
- 5965 Old US 23, Hartland Township
- 4492 Center Rd., Deerfield Township
PLUS – Hartland Rd. Station: June 27th from 10am to 1pm
Firefighters are needed at all three of our fire stations. Call rates vary from fire station to fire station, with our main station responding to over 600 calls a year, with the other two being around 200. On-Call Firefighters are expected to attend a two-hour training session at their fire station each week in order to maintain operational skills plus additional core training courses during their first year to learn the trade of being a Firefighter. The nature of the on-call duty system also requires firefighters to live or work within about five minutes of their station so they can respond to emergency calls.
To apply, just complete an application form – no prior training is required. From there, the process includes background check, pre-hire physical, written test, physical ability test, and interviews. Once hired, all training is provided by the Department and takes about 9 months with a flexible schedule.
“On-call firefighters play a crucial role in our community and are called upon to attend the full range of incidents including fires, floods, road traffic collisions, chemical spills and more. I urge people in the areas we’re looking to recruit to consider applying to become part of the Hartland Deerfield Fire Authority team.” – Fire Chief Adam Carroll
This year their have been ~3 calls for service as of 01/01/2015
- There were 833 calls for service in 2014
- There were 902 calls for service in 2013
- There were 889 calls for service in 2012
- There were 1046 calls for service in 2011
- There were 969 calls for service in 2010
- There were 817 calls for service in 2009
- There were 723 calls for service in 2008
- There were 697 calls for service in 2007
- There were 607 calls for service in 2006
- There were 590 calls for service in 2005
- There were 550 calls for service in 2004
- There were 612 calls for service in 2003
- There were 504 calls for service in 2002
- There were 516 calls for service in 2001
- There were 422 calls for service in 1999